It can be disheartening to have your vacation plan interrupted by a rainy day. What seemed like an exciting plan for the day becomes dull and dreary. It may not be your original plan, but there are still plenty of things to do in Ogunquit when it rains! From shopping to museums to theatre, there’s no need to feel down during a rainy vacation day! Here are the best things to do in Ogunquit when it rains!
Are you looking for the most incredible vacation experiences during your trip to southern Maine? Then, you’ve come to the right place! Here at Dockside Guest Quarters, we’re the experts on everything southern Maine! Come see for yourself the memories you can make, whether it’s a rainy day or bright and beautiful out.
Top Things to Do in Ogunquit When it Rains
Everyone hopes for the best weather of the season during their vacation. Most of the time, though, it just doesn’t happen that way. So, it’s good to have a backup plan, a rain day, of sorts. Keep these great things to do in Ogunquit when it rains in your back pocket just for that scenario. You won’t regret it.
- See a play at Ogunquit Playhouse! Are you a fan of live entertainment and theatre? This is a great way to wait out the storm and have a good time at the same time! Check out their current shows and book your tickets!
- The Ogunquit Museum of American Art is a great stop to make for the art-lover among you. You’ll find exceptional regional art that will inspire you! Take a tour of the museum while you wait for the rain to subside.
- At Panache Fine Jewelry and Art Gallery, you’ll wonder at the intricate details of the beautiful jewelry and amazing art within. It is the perfect blend of art gallery and store, meaning you can take home an incredible souvenir unlike any you may find anywhere else.
- Go antique-ing! There are many great antique stores in Ogunquit, and, due to the rich history of the area, you’re due to find your newest oldest treasure! Scope out the selection at Blacksmiths Mall, Hutchins’ Antiques, or Uniques and Antiques.
- Abacus in Ogunquit is one of five locations in southern Maine offering intriguing conversation pieces. The artwork there captures the essence of coastal Maine in a unique way you can take home with you!
- Go shopping in the gift and specialty shops! There are a plethora of unique shops that will capture your imagination! Stop into Spoiled Rotten, the Harbor Candy Shop, or Celtic By the Sea for interesting finds or ways to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Rain or Shine, Staying in York is Just Fine
When you’re planning your southern Maine adventure for this summer, there’s one place you’ll love coming back to more than anything. The comfort and convenience you’ll find at Dockside Guest Quarters will make you feel right at home. And, we’re just minutes away for when you just don’t want to put up with the rain anymore. Stay dry with us and browse our available rooms. We are eager to accommodate your every need, so contact us when you’re ready to book. You’ll be glad you did!