1. Rent a Boat From the York Harbor Marina
Conveniently located next to our Maine B&B, the York Harbor Marina has many options for boaters. Whether you want to rent a larger boat or use our small outboard boat, guests can enjoy a fishing trip or a cruise on the York River.
2. Hike Mount Agamenticus
For those looking to explore the great outdoors, Mount Agamenticus is a must-visit destination. With 10,000 acres of trails set amidst the stunning coastal landscape of Southern Maine, there’s no shortage of opportunities to hike, bike, or simply soak up the natural beauty of the area. With a variety of trails to choose from, ranging from easy to challenging, you can customize your outdoor adventure to fit your interests and fitness level. Be sure to pack a picnic lunch and make a day of it, taking in the breathtaking views and working up a sweat on the trails.
- Horseback riding
- ATV riders
View the trail map.
3. Dip Your Toes in the Sand at a Nearby Beach
Beautiful mountains, lighthouses and beaches make for a dramatic and incredible experience. Visit some beautiful beaches near our inn.
- Long Sands Beach – If you’re looking for a nearby beach to enjoy during your stay, Long Sands Beach is just a quick 9-minute drive from our inn. This beautiful stretch of coastline offers public restrooms on the southern end and is a popular spot for dog owners to bring their furry friends. Keep in mind, though, that the beach can be covered by high tide, so be sure to plan your visit accordingly. One of the highlights of Long Sands Beach is the scenic promenade that runs the length of the beach, providing breathtaking views and a perfect spot for a leisurely stroll.
- York Harbor Beach – Just a quick 4-minute drive from our inn, York Harbor Beach is a must-visit destination for anyone staying in the area. With gentle waves and a sandy beach, this picturesque spot is surrounded by a park and offers a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Visitors also rave about the scenic walk along the bluff, which affords stunning views.
4. Discover the Historic Lighthouses of Maine
Maine is synonymous with iconic lighthouses, and visiting these sites is an absolute must for any traveler to the state. Experience the beauty and history of Maine’s beloved landmarks as you explore its historic lighthouses.
- Cape Neddick Nubble Lighthouse
- Boon Island Light
- Goat Island Light
- Wood Island Lighthouse
- Cape Elizabeth Lighthouse & Cape Elizabeth West Lighthouse
- Portland Head Light
Find out more about these Maine lighthouses.
5. Unlock the Past by Exploring Museums and Historical Sites
York, Maine was founded in 1652 and offers a number of historical sites to visit.
- Old York Historic Buildings – this tour is available seasonally, usually opening at the end of May, and allows guests to relish the story of where Maine began! From historic schoolhouses and the first prison in Maine to other historic sites and taverns, this tour is a must-visit.
- Old Parish Cemetery – this cemetery is historic and solemn to tour. There is a memorial for the victims of the candlemas day massacre where on January 24, 1692 the 150 York, Maine inhabitants were killed or captured by a French and Indian war party.
6. Enjoy a Water Adventure on the York River
The York River offers an unparalleled experience for both novice and seasoned paddlers. Launching from the picturesque York Harbor, water adventurers can relish hours of paddling fun while taking in breathtaking views. The best time to paddle is during high tide, allowing you to fully appreciate the tranquility of the surroundings. Bird enthusiasts will be delighted to encounter a diverse range of species along the river. Over a 6-mile course, you’ll glide under five bridges and witness historic sites such as the Hancock Wharf building – once owned by John Hancock himself and only 2 miles from Dockside Guest Quarters. Be sure to keep an eye out for lobster boats, adding to the authentic Maine experience. Whether you’re kayaking or paddling, a journey down the York River is an unforgettable adventure you won’t want to miss.
7. Tee Up on a Nearby Golf Course
While there are 27 golf courses around York, Maine, The Ledges Golf Club stands out as a true gem, located just 15 minutes away from our inn. This stunning course boasts a dramatic geography layout, complete with elevation changes, challenging greens, and several blind shots. Prepare for a day of exhilaration as you navigate through the course’s immaculately manicured fairways and enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
8. Get a Taste of Local Culture with a Brewery Visit
Discover an array of breweries near our bed and breakfast that are not to be missed.
- York Beach Beer Company: Delight in a selection of 10 beers on tap, indulge in delicious bites from a variety of food trucks, and try their tasting flights.
- SoMe Brewing Company: Open 7 days a week, enjoy a rotating selection of 11 beers on tap and feel free to bring your own food to pair with their brews.
- Odd by Nature Brewing: This pet-friendly brewery offers outdoor seating and serves unique craft beers alongside a full-service pizza kitchen. Open Thursday through Monday.
- Tributary Brewing Company: Another pet-friendly spot, this brewery offers a pleasant patio and a diverse selection of beers. Don’t miss out on trying the Oyster Stout if it’s on tap.
9. Shop Until You Drop at the Kittery Outlet Malls
The Kittery Outlet Malls, located just 15 minutes from our inn, is a shopper’s paradise with a vast selection of stores. From apparel to home decor, the outlet center is massive and offers something for everyone to enjoy. Additionally, visitors will be pleased to know that there is ample parking available to make their shopping experience even more convenient.
10. Relax and Rejuvenate with a Spa Day
Pamper yourself and indulge in a rejuvenating spa experience during your stay at our bed and breakfast. With a wide variety of spas located in the vicinity, you can treat yourself to a range of services including hair treatments, facials, massages, and permanent make up to name but a few. Enhance your vacation in Maine by looking and feeling your best with a revitalizing spa treatment.
- Naviina Salon & Day Spa
- Aviva Esthetics
- Zen Spa
- Euphoria Salon and Spa
11. Journey Through Southern Maine Biking Route 103
State Route 103 is a popular destination among locals for a picturesque 16.3 mile bike ride through southern Maine. The route forms a half loop, providing stunning views of the state’s scenic landscapes. For bike enthusiasts, renting a bike and embarking on this breathtaking journey is an absolute dream. Join the locals and hit the pavement for an unforgettable biking experience.
12. Escape to Romance & an Incredible Meal at Dockside Guest Quarters
After a day of thrilling adventures, unwind and relax at our inn with an exceptional dining experience, delicious nightcap, and retreat to a cozy and romantic room. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable Maine getaway – book your stay with us today.Book Now