With the ever changing COVID situation, rest assured that we are staying up to-date and following all CDC guidance, State of Maine regulations and the hospitality industry’s best practices to keep our guests and staff safe.
Currently, there are no travel restrictions when visiting Maine from out of state. For the most up to-date rules and information visit the Maine CDC web site here: Maine CDC COVID 19 information
Although there are no mask requirements for vaccinated people, masks in the Maine House are appreciated.
Get Peace of Mind in a Peaceful Setting
Rest assured that we are very focused on doing our part to stop the transmission of this terrible disease while providing you an opportunity for a well deserved get-away.
For returning guests several things will look very different. Unfortunately, the lack of staff/guest interaction will be the most obvious and difficult. We sincerely regret the need to become as “hands off” as possible. This runs contrary to the hospitality and guest service we have been providing for over 60 years.
New Policies for New Challenges
We’ve updated a few of our policies and procedures to ensure your safety:
- Mask Policy: While masks are not required, they are appreciated in the Maine House.
- Housekeeping: We will not be providing daily housekeeping service during your stay. If you require fresh towels during your stay please let us know. For stays of 5 nights or longer housekeeping services can be arranged – please inquire.
- Check-in: We will be offering curbside check-in. Parking places will be reserved in front of the Maine House for this. Give us a call and we will meet you in the driveway to complete the check-in process and show you to your room.
- Check-out: We will simply charge your card on file for your balance on your departure day unless you instruct otherwise.
Feel Secure In Your Private Guest Room
Our rooms will have a stark, minimalist look. This is being done so there are less high-touch items and that we can ensure everything is cleaned properly. In an effort to reduce contact:
- We have taken throw pillows, bedspreads and other decorative linens out of the rooms.
- We will not be offering housekeeping service during your stay.
- Staff is not allowed to enter a guest room with the guest present.
- We have purchased the necessary cleaners to disinfect all hard and soft surfaces between guests.
- New written procedures will be in place for cleaning guestrooms to ensure they are truly clean, something we would feel comfortable staying in.
- Some high-touch items will be removed from the rooms such as magazines, ice buckets, and the information notebook.
Savor Breakfast Safely
Breakfast will now be take-out. Guests will be asked to fill out a checklist/menu the night before. It will be individually wrapped items on disposable plates and flatware. We will still be offering some of our delicious baked goods and fresh fruit.
Dine at Dockside
Both the Dockside Restaurant and The Deck at Dockside are open. We will be operating under Maine CDC and hospitality industries’ best practices. Take-out will be available at each location.