The Governor of Maine has just announced revised rules for out of state visitors. Out of state residents have three options in order to stay in a lodging establishment in the state of Maine.
- Quarantine in Maine for two weeks before staying with us.
- Have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of arriving in Maine.
- Quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Maine or for the duration of your stay
Residents of ME,NH, VT,CT, NY & NJ and children under the age of 18 from all states are exempt. With either option upon arrival, you will have to sign an affidavit attesting to which option you have completed. CLICK HERE for additional information on these requirements
We will be opening on Wednesday, July 1st as per State of Maine executive order.
Get Peace of Mind in a Peaceful Setting
Rest assured that we are very focused on doing our part to stop the transmission of this terrible disease while providing an opportunity for a respite. We are continuing to refine our policies and procedures to ensure the health of our guests and staff. We are following CDC guidelines and the hospitality industries’ best practices.
For returning guests several things will look very different. Unfortunately, the lack of staff/guest interaction will be the most obvious and difficult. We sincerely regret the need to become as “hands off” as possible. This runs contrary to the hospitality and guest service we have been providing for over 60 years.
New Policies for New Challenges
We’ve updated a few of our policies and procedures to ensure your safety:
- Mask Policy: We will be wearing masks, and we ask that all guests do the same when coming within 6’ of anyone on the property and when entering the Maine House. Even though we will be wearing masks, we hope they do not hide our appreciation for your visit!
- Cancellation Policy: To help make planning travel easier, we have adopted an extremely flexible cancellation policy. Read our updated cancellation policy here.
- Check-in: We will be doing curbside check-in. Four parking places will be reserved in front of the Maine House for this. Give us a call and we will meet you in the driveway to complete the check-in process and show you to your room.
- Check-out: We will simply charge your card on file for your balance on your departure day unless you instruct otherwise.
Feel Secure In Your Private Guest Room
Our rooms will have a stark, minimalist look. This is being done so there are less high-touch items and that we can ensure everything is cleaned properly. In an effort to reduce contact:
- We have taken throw pillows, bedspreads and other decorative linens out of the rooms.
- We will not be offering housekeeping service during your stay.
- Staff is not allowed to enter a guest room with the guest present.
- We have purchased the necessary cleaners to disinfect all hard and soft surfaces between guests.
- New written procedures will be in place for cleaning guestrooms to ensure they are truly clean, something we would feel comfortable staying in.
- Some high-touch items will be removed from the rooms such as magazines, ice buckets, and the information notebook.
Savor Breakfast Safely
Breakfast will now be take-out. Guests will be asked to fill out a checklist/menu the night before. It will be individually wrapped items on disposable plates and flatware. We will still be offering some of our delicious baked goods and fresh fruit. Nothing will be self-serve.
Dine at Dockside
Both the Dockside Restaurant and The Deck at Dockside will be open. Again, this will look very different from before. We will be operating under Maine CDC and hospitality industries’ best practices that are currently being finalized. Take-out will be available at each location.